How to transfer your current account, savings or cash ISA
Switch your Intelligent Finance current account to a new provider
Switching your current account to a new provider is now faster and more convenient than ever. Use the Current Account Switch Service to transfer your salary, Direct Debits, standing orders and close your old account all in seven working days. You can even choose the day you want the switch to complete.
Choose a new provider
- Think about how you use your current account to find the best one for you. You’ll find useful advice at websites such as the Money Advice Service, moneysupermarket.com, Money Saving Expert and uSwitch.
Contact your chosen provider and choose your preferred switch date
- Please bear in mind that you may need to open a new account before you can initiate a switch, which may take longer.
- To make things easier, you can choose a switch date to suit you. Just make sure you allow 7 working days for the switch to take place. You can continue to use your old account up until your agreed switch date. This includes any use of your cards and online banking.
However, you should not set up new payments such as Direct Debits and standing orders on your old account during the 7 working days leading up to your agreed switch date. This is because these will not be transferred across to your new bank or building society. You may also want to review your current payments and if there are any you no longer use or want, cancel them rather than switch them to your new bank account.
Your new provider will contact us and complete the switch
- On your agreed switch date, your new account will be ready to use and your old account will be closed. Your new bank will have transferred all of your regular incoming and outgoing payments to your new account, along with any remaining balance.
More details can be found at www.currentaccountswitch.co.uk.
Transfer your Intelligent Finance cash ISA
If you have reviewed your Cash ISA and decided that Intelligent Finance no longer meets your needs then you are free to transfer your Cash ISA to another provider without notice or charge.
You can transfer your cash ISA to new or existing cash ISA, stocks and shares ISA, Lifetime ISA or an innovative finance ISA. You have the option to transfer all or part of your previous year's subscriptions, but subscriptions made in the current tax year must be transferred in full.
You can only contribute to one of each type of ISA each tax year up to the total ISA limit.
- Choose and open a new ISA with another provider (you don't need to complete this step if you already hold an ISA that allows transfers in).
- Submit a transfer request to your new provider.
- Your new provider will send the transfer request to Intelligent Finance.
- Intelligent Finance will transfer your ISA funds to your new provider within 15 days and close your Cash ISA.
For more information about the new ISA Transfer Guidelines, please visit the GOV.UK website.
Move your Intelligent Finance savings
If you have reviewed your savings and decided that Intelligent Finance no longer meets your needs then you are free to move your savings to another provider without notice or charge.
- Choose and open a new account with another provider (you don't need to complete this step if you want to transfer your savings to an account you already hold that accepts external payments).
- Contact us with details of the account you wish us to send the closing balance to.
- Intelligent Finance will send your savings funds to your new provider.
- Request us to close your Intelligent Finance savings account.
When you are reviewing your existing current account and savings, please remember that any changes you make may impact your offset and plan arrangements.