Income and expenditure

Start budgeting with our income and expenditure form.

Please download a blank Income and expenditure form (PDF, 524KB).

How to complete the form

When completing the income and expenditure form all figures should be monthly amounts. For example, if you receive a benefit payment each week, multiply this by 52 and then divide this by 12, for the monthly amount.

Completing the income and expenditure form will help us to fully understand your situation.

Joint Accounts

For joint accounts you will have the opportunity to tell us on the income and expenditure form if we have your authority to share your specific financial information with any other named person(s) on the account.

How will the authority work?

If you do not hold a joint account then this is not applicable to you.

Obtaining authority to discuss and share your income and expenditure details with the named party/parties on your account(s), allows us to fully understand the household income and overall affordability. It assists us with coming to a realistic and affordable resolution for you and your joint party/ parties.

You can remove the authority at any time by contacting us.

If you do not want to share your income and expenditure with the named party/parties on your account(s) then simply update the form to this effect.

Who can view your income and expenditure details?

We’ll be able to access your income and expenditure when you next call in about this account and/or any other accounts which may be in arrears.

Sharing your financial information in this way helps us better understand your needs and manage all your accounts in the best way.

What you need to do when you have completed the form

The quickest way for us to help you with your financial difficulties is for you to call us when you have completed the form.

However, if you prefer, you can return the completed form to, PO Box 17316, Edinburgh, EH12 1AY. Please allow 10 working days for us to action and update our records from when you have sent the form to us.

What we will do if we don’t hear from you

If we haven’t had contact from you within the agreed timescale we will continue to write and call you.

Independent help

If you want independent advice on your mortgage repayments and to discuss your current situation, you can contact MoneyHelper.

Alternatively there are many free debt advice organisations. These include: StepChange Debt Charity, National Debtline or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

If you are in severe financial difficulties you can also get help and advice from Shelter.

If you need any further help, please get in touch.