Receive money from overseas
Receiving money from overseas
International Payment Services can provide you with the most suitable method of receiving money from overseas.
Electronic Funds Transfer
The quickest and most secure method of receiving currency and sterling payments from abroad through electronic links between banks.
How to receive funds electronically
To make sure funds are received as quickly as possible, ask the sender to instruct their bank to make the payment payable to the name your jar is held in with Intelligent Finance. They will need the following information:
- Beneficiary's full name
- Beneficiary Bank Identifier code (BIC): BOFSGB2S
- International Bank Account Number (IBAN): you can find this number on any of your statements dated after 1st May 2010
- Full bank name and address: Intelligent Finance, 1 Baird Road, Kirkton Campus, Livingston, EH54 7AZ
- Sort code and jar number that the payment is to be applied to.
Cheques in foreign currency can be deposited into your Intelligent Finance plan.
- Pension payments from abroad.
- Salary cheques from overseas earnings.
- Gifts from abroad.
- Sale of foreign shareholdings.
Fees apply to this service. Please see our Interest rates, charges and important information
How to pay a foreign cheque into your jar
Ensure the cheque:
- Is made payable to Intelligent Finance and your full name.
- Is written in the currency of the country in which it is payable.
- Has your jar number and name written on the back.
Post your cheque to: Intelligent Finance, 1 Baird Road, Kirkton Campus, Livingston, EH54 7AZ
Back to top